tirsdag 8. november 2011

A sunday trip

I like sundays. They are the most relaxed days, and they really charge my batteries. A sunday is resting day, and you can do whatever you want. Last sunday we went to Napuru waterfall, a beautiful place only two hours of walking from our home. The Tanzanian scenery had allready surprised me, so I had quite big expectations to this place. Four of our friends in Arusha followed us to the waterfall. After paying for entrance twice, and after passing beautiful forests and maize fields, we finally walked down to a small, steep valley. After some weeks in the city, I felt very happy about coming to this place. It was so beautiful and peaceful.

We stayed at the waterfalls for two hours. We had a bath in the surprisingly cold water and relaxed. What was strange was that we didn't see any other people. We were alone in this small paradice, one our of walking from a city of more than 1 mill people. I can't stop wondering why nobody else visited the place. Our friends told us that people are going to church on sundays, and therefore they don't go to the waterfall. But the first service is finished at 0800 in the morning, so people have plenty of time for going there.

Many people have to work also on sundays. And I guess the Tanzanians don't have the typical sunday-trip culture as we have in Norway. People prefer to stay at home and cook some nice food after church. However, like this make it a lot easier to stay away from the Norwegian scenery I like so much. I'm looking forward to see more of Tanzanias beautiful places. 

I felt quite tiny

Walking along a maize field. Mt. Meru in the background.

We followed the creek towards the waterfall

Refreshing shower

Everything was green in the surroundings

It was lovely to bath in the cold water


2 kommentarer:

  1. This place looks so beautiful. Did you see or hear any unfamiliar animals and birds? I don`t comment on every entry you make, but I`m reading all of your posts. The waterfall looks amazing. To me, this place would be more of a church than the buildings named the same. Every tree, every rock, every drop of water is divine, as are we. I look forward to read about your further experiences, thoughts and feelings in Tanzania. Love you, brother.

    -Big sis Una

    SvarSlett
  2. What a paradise! I bet you will find back to this place several times. Surely it must be wonderful to get inspired by this green and lush oasis.
    Happy sunday, the rest of it, and give greetings to your team mate!!
    Hugs from Mama

    SvarSlett